none
Would you delete all of my posts

Question

• Moderator,

I do not expect to use the forum any longer.  Would you delete all of my posts?

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:16 AM

Answers

• We generally only delete posts if there is a good reason, such as the post reveals confidential information or is abusive. We have had people pass away and their profile remains. They have no activity, but old posts can be marked helpful and Wiki articles they authored can achieve view milestones, so their points and statistics increase over time. Their contributions are not forgotten.

If necessary, you can delete any posts you have made in the forums yourself. However, I would recommend that you do not. The threads will possibly be confusing if someone replied to or expanded on a post you deleted.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:37 AM
  • I only see two. You can't delete a thread once it has been replied to but you can delete your posts and or edit the text to nothing yourself. You can also send an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com with your request.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:38 AM

All replies

• We generally only delete posts if there is a good reason, such as the post reveals confidential information or is abusive. We have had people pass away and their profile remains. They have no activity, but old posts can be marked helpful and Wiki articles they authored can achieve view milestones, so their points and statistics increase over time. Their contributions are not forgotten.

If necessary, you can delete any posts you have made in the forums yourself. However, I would recommend that you do not. The threads will possibly be confusing if someone replied to or expanded on a post you deleted.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:37 AM
  • I only see two. You can't delete a thread once it has been replied to but you can delete your posts and or edit the text to nothing yourself. You can also send an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com with your request.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:38 AM