How to get date from case resolution and display on case form based on case id RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I have a requirement like this,

I want to display "Actual End date" (custom date field) on case form when the case is resolved.

From  the case resolution entity, it should get the actualend date and display on case form.

Can any one suggest and how to do it , which is the simple way Javascript or plugin?

Advance thanks.

bhuma reddy

Friday, December 20, 2013 2:09 AM

All replies

• Sorry to mention, this requirement in CRM 4.0

bhuma reddy

Friday, December 20, 2013 2:19 AM
  • Hi Bhuma,

From what I'm understanding, your requirement can be translated to: Display "Actual End date" on the Case form when the Case is Resolved.

If it's true, the solution is easy.

1. Just add "Actual End date" field on Case form. Set its visible = false.

2. In Case OnLoad event, use javascript to check current Case status is Resolved or not. If yes --> show "Actual End date" field.

3. Incase you have difficulty while checking case status is Resolved or not, the easiest way is add Case status on the form (hide it), then you can get field value using javascript. Otherwise, you need to call webservice to retrieve Case status.

Hope it help.

• Edited by Linh Giang Friday, December 20, 2013 10:29 AM More steps
    Friday, December 20, 2013 10:16 AM
  • The simplest option could be write a workflow on Case Update trigger.

When case status is resolved update a custom date time field on the case form and set it as Case modified on value.

Since post case resolution normally no action is taken above could be a trivial solution

Thanks

Sonal.

Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:08 AM