CRM 2011 online integration RRS feed

• Question

• I have so for worked on development for CRM 2011 on-premise version.CRM 2011 online is new to me.In case of on-premise we have all infrastructure such as windows server 2008,IIS 7 where we can deploy our own custom wcf services,we can use windows task schedular for scheduling our batch jobs,we can write custom reports using SSRS or write some SSIS batches.What are our options in case of CRM 2011 online version where we have no access to actual server machines?Client prefers online version in case he does not want to maintain any hardware/infrastructure on premise.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:23 PM

Answers

• If there are requirements to need to meet that go outside of what you can accomplish using plugins/custom workflows using the SDK you might consider using a virtual server hosted in an environment like Azure to house an custom components. Custom reports can still be created against CRM Online, there are some limitations and queries must be constructed using FetchXML rather than T-SQL. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:36 PM

All replies

• If there are requirements to need to meet that go outside of what you can accomplish using plugins/custom workflows using the SDK you might consider using a virtual server hosted in an environment like Azure to house an custom components. Custom reports can still be created against CRM Online, there are some limitations and queries must be constructed using FetchXML rather than T-SQL. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:36 PM
  • Thanks a lot Jason!

...will need to study Azure and talk to customer accordingly.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:59 AM