none
Can't connect to internet with when DHCP is disabled on NAT in Vmware RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I need little help in connecting to internet from within VMware on NAT with DHCP disabled.
    I've a WDS, DHCP with DNS integrated into AD on a server inside Vmware. Server is a the only stand alone DC in the Foresst which I'm using mainly for deploying images via WDS over the PXE. The server has a following Static Config on NAT.
    IP: 192.168.5.2
    NM: 255.255.255.0
    DG: 192.168.5.1
    DNS: 192.168.5.2

The issue I'm having is that I can't connect out to internet with these settings.

Is it because I've disabled DHCP on NAT within VMware since I've a DHCP server set to hand out IPs from 192.168.5.20 - 192.168.5.50?

I read online somewhere that DHCP on VMware NAT has to be running in order to work.

If it's true that DHCP has to be running on NAT in VMware in order for internet to work, Is it possible to have it disabled on NAT and still connect to internet somehow.

If I enable DHCP on NAT, then I run into PXE issues since that conflict with DHCP server that I have on the server.

My question is how can I connect out to internet with DHCP disabled on NAT within VMware.

I've read a lot online but can't find an answer anywhere. I've spent a lot of time figuring this out but it's just driving me crazy.

Can you please suggest me some solution to it as you know way more than I do about these things?

There's got to be a way to connect to internet without me changing anything on my settings.

Thanks and hope to hear to hear.

Omar

Monday, September 22, 2014 7:00 AM

Answers