AV communication and NAT network RRS feed

• Question

• I have read a others thread.

But I not undestand if is possible to use a AV communication when i'm inside a NAtted network.

I have installed e OCS and Edge Server inside my company. When i configure a public ip address on my laptop, the AV communication work fine. But when i had tested the AV communication from my house (ADSL over nat  - Simple router zixel), the connection was brocken before the AV communication.

Thanks in advance.

Luca

Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:43 AM

Answers

• On your pool, on the properties of your A/V Conferencing server, have you selected your edge server?
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:37 PM

All replies

• Make Sure you LCS Server is setup for DNAT.

Use etherreal to see whats happening.

Friday, May 18, 2007 9:14 AM
  • I use OCS Beta 2007

What i must watchng. Now I'm very confused, i'm not sure of my OCS configuration.

Luca.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 3:08 PM
  • You can run the validation wizard on your OCS server and your Edge server. Try to fix any issues it finds, and then post any problems you may have here and maybe we can help.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:29 PM
  • Hi Thom

I have bring to a finish the validation wizard for all role. Bu the only erro for is this. This error is reported on OCS Server.

Other information

I have a AD domain with Exchange 2003. My communicator  network is configured with a one OCS server 192.168.1.191, one Edge server with two network internal 192.168.1.195 end external with 192.168.100.51. The Edge server is behing of one isa server 2004 with two network internal 192.168.100.253 External : Public IP address.
    I have create a server publish for all port of edge server.

Diagnosing Edge Authentication Server and Edge Server   A/V Authentication Edge Server: None Found
    Suggested Resolution: Remote access is enabled but no Audio/Video Authentication Edge Server(s) were found. In order for remote conferencing to work correctly, please install one or more Audio/Video Authentication Edge Servers and/or check your configuration.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:21 AM
  • Hi,

This error means exactly as it says. You have configured Remote Access for users but the validation wizard could not find any edge servers.

Can you let us know exactly what your setup is like? How many servers do you have? What are their roles? What you have enabled for your users? What works and what doesn't? (IM, video or voice internally, IM, voice or video externally, etc.) 

Monday, June 4, 2007 6:27 PM
  • Please let us know the status of your issue? If you have found a resolution, would you be able to share it with the forums? If not, please let us know of any changes to your environment or status. Thanks.

Friday, June 22, 2007 4:34 PM
  • I'm very afraid, for my delay.

Next monday my company have scheduled a meeting with a technical, for look around the problem.

I will say the result soon.

Luca

Friday, June 22, 2007 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

Hi have a windows 2003 Active direcotry domain. I this domain i have installed OCS 2007 beta 3. I have one OCS Server and one Edge server.

The edge server have a public IP address on the external network.

I have enabled all for the users. Whe i use the communicator internally all work fine. But If i try to use the communicator when i am in other network a can use only the IM.

I this second situation when i start A/V call or Audio call, the communicator close the calling.

I hope that informations are useful

Luca

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:30 AM
  • On your pool, on the properties of your A/V Conferencing server, have you selected your edge server?
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:37 PM
  • I'm very happy i not have see this configuratione.

I have configured it and all work fine.

Thank you very much.

See you

Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:57 AM