none
Productivity Tip: Create Shortcuts for Folders RRS feed

• Question

1. Select the folder in Windows Explorer.
    2. Create a shortcut, and place it on the desktop. (You create a shortcut by opening the folder, pointing to New on the File menu, then clicking Shortcut. Drag the shortcut to your desktop.)
    3. Right–click the new shortcut, and then click Properties.
    4. In the Properties dialog box, click the Shortcut tab, and in the Shortcut key box, enter a Control key combination or a Control–Shift key combination, (that is, CTRL+ALT+M or CTRL+SHIFT+M when M is for music), and then click OK.

Accessing my documents, etc are a breeze now. Better yet, make a shortcuts folder on your desktop, and when you have to open a file through a dialog, open that folder and go to your most accessed directories quickly.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:46 PM

Answers

• I generally right click my folders to send to respective positions.

try this may be useful !!

simply open cmd window.(start>Run)

press "%USERPROFILE%/Sendto"

a new window pops up. right click and add a shortcut there.

shortcut wizard will appear and customize the shortcut to which it should point.

refresh once and close the pages.

now when ever u right click a folder and goto sendto options: there you will see the shortcut you created >>>

i made my most accessible folders in this way to distribute all my stuff to respective folders.

Friday, June 15, 2007 5:59 AM
  • hey thats a cool tip. . thankx for the info buddy...
    Friday, June 15, 2007 8:58 AM

All replies

• This tip is really useful :)
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:02 PM
  • its one of the really cool feature in Windows but hardly a few users use it...at least after this, use it and try saving ur time...
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:57 PM
  • Yes agree with u..
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:21 AM
  • ya its really cool feature of windows,...
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:33 AM
  • yeah this is a cool tip ... i use it all the more often now..
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:56 PM
  • Yes man its really a good feature, not many of em use it. I hope after creating this thread, the awareness about this feature increases. And people use it to increase their productivity.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:27 AM
  • I generally right click my folders to send to respective positions.

try this may be useful !!

simply open cmd window.(start>Run)

press "%USERPROFILE%/Sendto"

a new window pops up. right click and add a shortcut there.

shortcut wizard will appear and customize the shortcut to which it should point.

refresh once and close the pages.

now when ever u right click a folder and goto sendto options: there you will see the shortcut you created >>>

i made my most accessible folders in this way to distribute all my stuff to respective folders.

Friday, June 15, 2007 5:59 AM
  • hey thats a cool tip. . thankx for the info buddy...
    Friday, June 15, 2007 8:58 AM
  • Thanks man, the send to was nice Wink
    Friday, June 15, 2007 10:57 AM