Reporting alternatives for CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings.

I was wondering if there were other reporting options than SSRS or built-in reports for CRM 2011.
    If anyone has found another reporting solution (i.e. Stimulsoft Reports) that would be compatible with CRM 2011, please let me know.

Thanks,

Frank

FrkM

Saturday, April 13, 2013 3:08 PM

Answers

• If you are wanting users to define reports, then not having the advanced find integration to reports is probably not an issue then, since what ever report tool you use will have a query designer.

Depending on the parameters you need to pass, you might need to create an SSRS 'launch' report that accepts the parameters from the standard integration and then pass them on into your custom report solution.

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by FrkM Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:10 PM
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:12 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• If you are using Dynamics Crm on prem, you can use any reporting tool that is capable of querying SQL server and add them as linked reports. You will loose the integration with advanced find pre-filtering however.

What is your use-case for not using SSRS?

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott.

We are already using SSRS for some custom reports but we would like to find a user-friendly reporting solution for users to create reports without the limitations of the built-in feature (ex. UNION, JOIN...).

Frank

FrkM

Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:07 AM
  • If you are wanting users to define reports, then not having the advanced find integration to reports is probably not an issue then, since what ever report tool you use will have a query designer.

Depending on the parameters you need to pass, you might need to create an SSRS 'launch' report that accepts the parameters from the standard integration and then pass them on into your custom report solution.

Scott Durow

• Marked as answer by FrkM Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:10 PM
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the the SSRS 'launch' advise Scott.

Frank

Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:11 PM