Windows 7 Activation RRS feed

• Question

• OK, Well, I purchased a Windows 7 upgrade disk Family set, and here's what happened:

1. I upgraded mine with ease

2. I upgraded another with ease

3. I upgraded another, successfully, but the computer crashed, and does not work with Win 7

#1&2- Samsung Q45 / R70
    #3- Toshiba A100 Satellite

Here is the catch : I 'activated' the Toshiba, but the fact that the computer crshed, and I had to revert it to XP, I do not know if the license is valid anymore?

I have another computer that I want to upgrade, Sony Vaio, but who to contact for getting help with the activation key?!

Please respond,
    Arxius
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:54 AM

Answers

• Thanks,

I have to say though, I already fixed the problem ^^;
    I actually contacted Microsoft, and they issued a small ini file (i think,) that fixed the registration module on the computer
    Thanks anyway, for future reference!

-AK
    • Proposed as answer by S. Edd Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by arxiSigma Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:19 PM
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 6:24 PM

All replies

• The license is valid for three machines, You can try online activation but you may end up having to phone activate. The key is that you MUST deactivate the key or othewise ensure the OS is not running on an additional computer (4th).

BTW MS, good job on the family set, just should have included office in a package.
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 6:21 PM
  • Thanks,

I have to say though, I already fixed the problem ^^;
    I actually contacted Microsoft, and they issued a small ini file (i think,) that fixed the registration module on the computer
    Thanks anyway, for future reference!

-AK
    • Proposed as answer by S. Edd Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by arxiSigma Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:19 PM
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 6:24 PM