error 0x80004005 while installing OCS standard edition RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am trying to install OCS 2007 std edition. While installing I am gatting following error message:

"error 0x80004005 (Unspecified Error) occured while excuting command 'c:\windows\system32\CScript.exe'. For more details check log files."

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Harimohan Singh

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:28 AM

All replies

• That's an access denied error.  Check your permissions against the OCS documentation.  Also, since your getting the error on cscript, there may be something locked down in your environment related to that.  Create a file called test.vbs and enter a single line:

Code Snippet
    wscript.echo "Hello World"

Then from a command line run:

Code Snippet
    cscript test.vbs

Make sure to execute this from the directory where you placed test.vbs or enter the full path in the command (cscript c:\path\to\test.vbs).  That will tell you is something is locked down with cscript or vbs files.

If that all works successfully, then post the part of the log file where this is failing.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did you try Mike's suggestions?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:09 PM
  •  

Im having this same problem.

I looked at the log file that it created at:

C:\DOCUME~1\<username>\LOCALS~1\Temp\LCSSetup_Commands.log

This is what i found at the end of the log:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12/11/20074:09:13 PM
    CScript.exe //Nologo c:\inetpub\AdminScripts\ADSUtil.vbs SET W3SVC/1/ROOT/GroupExpansion/Ext/AuthPersistence 64
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ErrNumber: -2147463162 (0x80005006)
    Error Trying To SET the Property: AuthPersistence

Ive done some google searching, and i havent found the solution.

Any advise?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:17 AM
  •  

IIS was installed AFTER .NET 2.0 and it didn’t have ASP 2.0 in the web server extensions in IIS. manager

Go to Add\ Remove programs, find .Net 2.0 SP1 click “Change” button, it starts re-installing things and registers itself with IIS.

Then setup goes just fine.

• Proposed as answer by dneirynck Monday, December 7, 2009 12:04 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2008 7:29 PM
  • I have gone through this and get similar error.  Here is excerpt from log.

4/22/20084:44:54 PM

CScript.exe //U //Nologo PoolCfgDBSetup.wsf /clean /dbsize:32 /dbpath:"D:\LC Data\" /logsize:32 /logpath:"D:\LC Log\" /lcsvcgroup:"DOMAINNAME\RTC Server Local Group;DOMAINNAME\RTC Component Local Group" /srvadmingrp:"DOMAINNAME\RTC Local Administrators" /usradmingrp:"DOMAINNAME\RTC Local User Administrators;DOMAINNAME\RTC Local Read-only Administrators" /serverrole:"HS" /verbose

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\DBSetup\PoolCfgDBSetup.wsf(7, 2) WScript.CreateObject: Could not create object named "Scripting.FileSystemObject".

Any thoughts to continue?

Steve

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:29 PM
  • Is the account you're using have the correct SQL permissions on the database?

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 12:05 AM
  • I have resolved !

Check with IIS Manager if Default Web Site is started and fully functionally. I found stopped Default Web Site because default port 80 being used by another site (Office 2007 Sharepoint Server) ad i changed the port.

After install Web component manually with the webcomponents.msi file from the \setup\i386\setup path of the source.

Regards

Michele Maran

Italy

Saturday, June 7, 2008 1:28 PM
  • Tried that it didn't work either.  I am really upset with this thing and none of these work.  Sure they are fun to try but they don't work.  I can't believe that Microsoft has no solution.  You call them and pay for support for one hour then the hour goes by and you still don't have a solution.  Best solution I can think of is trash the program.  If anyone knows any other solution that actually works please post.  Be sure to tell Microsoft too because they have no Idea.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:49 PM
  • Do you have another computer on the network with the same name? That will throw that error? Verify that you have correct permissions, and no ip or naming conflicts.

Additionally, is this Front End or Edge server?
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:29 AM
  •  OZ2006 wrote:

IIS was installed AFTER .NET 2.0 and it didn’t have ASP 2.0 in the web server extensions in IIS. manager

Go to Add\ Remove programs, find .Net 2.0 SP1 click “Change” button, it starts re-installing things and registers itself with IIS.

Then setup goes just fine.

Ahhh, fixed it for me! Thanks!
    Friday, November 21, 2008 11:47 PM