Unable to view backup log report entries fully RRS feed

• General discussion

• After completing my automatic weekly backup, OneCare displays a baloon regarding viewing the backup report log. When I open that log and then click on backup listing, it shows all 383 files that were backed up but does not allow the log window to be resized and also does not have a slider on the bottom to allow one to scroll to the right to view the full filename.

This behavior should be changed for either an update or the next version.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 12:50 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback, Al. I believe that there are plans to change the interface for parts of backup, but I don't know about the backup report. I do recall others mentioning that it was difficult to read.

-steve

Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:39 PM
  • I should point out that if one decreases the column 1 size and then double-clicks the column 2 size, the window fills with the full pathname and creates the bottom slider bar. This is not intuitive at all and just points out that the interface here needs some tweaking.

Al

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:32 AM
  • Hello!  I have this same problem--the report window for the backup "details" is too small to see the details being reported!  How do I do what you suggest in the above post you sent?  I don't understand what you mean by  "...decrease the column  1 size and then double-clicks the column 2 size, the window fills with the full pathname and creates the bottom slider bar..."  Could you please explain how to do this--simply--for my uninformed, non-techhie mind to grasp?    I agree with you that some tweaking is in order, but I am interested in learning your "counter-intuitive" suggestion, if it is useful. 

Thank you!

--ELBee

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:38 PM
  • In the results window, left click the divider in the column header and drag it to the left while holding the mouse button. That reduces the size of the column. Then double click (with the left mouse button) the 2nd column header.

-steve

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:20 PM