WHS index all messed up RRS feed

• Question

• ok ill try to make this as short as possible. when i try to access somethings via another computer  to the server it will says "refers to a location that is not available" etc etc and when i actually go to the physical server and manually copy it. it works. so is there on windows home server a way to "reindex" everything b/c i no it has to have somthing similair to an index b/c if you viewed the actual file from the clients it would take forever to load all the files. so if anyone could help that would be greate
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• try running chkdsk d: /f from the command line.  While I never got the "refers to a location that is not available" message, I was seeing horrific load times.  No errors from the server diagnostic toolkit add-in turned up, oddly--but chkdsk found five index errors and the problems went away.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:21 AM
  • You speak of this diagnostic add-in...where did you find this? if you could link me that would be awesome
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:55 PM
  • What Joel said...

Be warned if you have a sizable pool the diagnostics will take a looooooooong time to run, and you're warned not to use your server while they are doing so.
    Friday, February 29, 2008 2:12 AM