Unable to download/install Live Mesh software. RRS feed

• Question

• I am Unable to download/install Live Mesh software. I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit. When I try to add my computer to the mesh a window pops up and disappears instantly asking if I want to save or run the program. It disappears before I can answer. I have tried flushing the cache and reinstalling the latest windows installer to no avail. Any suggestions?
    Monday, December 28, 2009 4:16 AM

Answers

• I was unable to download it with IE as default using IE8 or with Firefox as default using Firefox or IE8, but I got it downloaded and installed using Chrome, and it wasn't set as default. I was logged in as an administrator and I use Norton Internet Security 2010. Thanks for trying to help.
    Monday, January 4, 2010 12:24 PM

All replies

• Are you using IE as your web browser? If so, try resetting it to default. Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Default.
    What security software are you running?
    Are you logged into Windows with an account that has admin rights?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 7:04 PM
  • I was unable to download it with IE as default using IE8 or with Firefox as default using Firefox or IE8, but I got it downloaded and installed using Chrome, and it wasn't set as default. I was logged in as an administrator and I use Norton Internet Security 2010. Thanks for trying to help.
    Monday, January 4, 2010 12:24 PM