2 pools RRS feed

• Question

• Hopefully this is a fairly easy thing to do, I have two pools and ocs and lcs pool and I would like to get the users to be able to talk to each other across pools.  Is this possible? 
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:12 PM

Answers

• As long as the pools are in the same domain and configured for MTLS they will communicate seemlessly. Make sure you have KQ911996 and KQ921543 installed on the LCS pool or they wont work. If they are on seperate AD domains then the pools will have to be supporting different SIP domains and federated.

Mark
    • Marked as answer by ltd102 Thursday, February 5, 2009 6:29 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 3:02 PM

All replies

• Yes, users in both pools will be able to communicate between different client/server versions.  The most common issue I see preventing it from working is that a customer will have an existing single-server LCS deployment using TCP connection only and there will not be a certificate installed and configured on the LCS FRont-End server.  Even though OCS supports certificate-less TCP client connections, server-to-server communications can only be MTLS, meaning that a certificate will need to be deployed to the LCS server to allow communications between it and the new OCS server.

Also if you have external access the LCS Access Proxy will need to be upgraded to an OCS Access Edge server to support both LCS and OCS internal FE servers.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:35 PM
  • As long as the pools are in the same domain and configured for MTLS they will communicate seemlessly. Make sure you have KQ911996 and KQ921543 installed on the LCS pool or they wont work. If they are on seperate AD domains then the pools will have to be supporting different SIP domains and federated.

Mark
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 3:02 PM
  • Ok when you talk about certs does both of the pool names have to exist on the cert?  I have two pools with two separate certs right now.  They are using mtls. Do I need to add any routing in order to get this to work? 
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 3:16 PM
  • This is resolved.  I found out my issue was that kb 911996 was not installed on the LCS Servers
    • Unmarked as answer by ltd102 Thursday, February 5, 2009 6:29 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 6:29 PM