Will Money 99 work in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have used Money 99 - version 7.0 for years in all the various Windows operating systems, up to and including Windows 7. I have the disc from a Works Suite and in spite of some error messages when installing it it continues to work.  I only use it on my computer and do not attempt to sync it with online bank statements. I back up the info regularly both in a cloud back up and on a memory stick.  Will Windows 10 allow this to still work?  If not, is there anothe version of Money that I can transfer my data to.  I love this program and depend upon it on a daily basis so may decline Windows 10 if I can't do this.  Advice please.
    Saturday, August 15, 2015 8:41 AM

All replies

• Windows 10 with the update Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for xnn-based Systems (KB3081436) will run Money versions.

Money 99 should run. See the second, sticky post in this forum for more recent, free versions of Money. Note that the version you need depends on the regional version you have.

Saturday, August 15, 2015 8:46 AM
  • Thank you for your prompt reply.  I have had a quick look at the second sticky post but can't pretend to fully understand it.  Not sure what is meant by regional version.  I am in the UK.  It also mentions keeping a copy of the installation link.  My computer is a 64 bit. I have the actual old disc still.  Will this do or what should I keep a copy of?  More help please if possible.
    Saturday, August 15, 2015 9:12 AM