Deploy CWA R2 RRS feed

• Question

•    hi all, i need some help with setting up the CWA

i installed the Webaccess on my Front End(SE)  Server. Everythink ist working well...

but i cant sing in :-(

Your session was ended. Communicator Web Access cannot sign in to the server. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.(Error code: 0-0-18100-2-0)

in Eventlog
    i got the following:

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] OCS Response Group Service
    - EventID 31178
    [ Qualifiers] 34769
    Level 3
    Task 2001
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2009-02-25T13:10:49.000Z
    EventRecordID 2285
    Channel Office Communications Server
    Computer myServer.Domain.local
    Security
    - EventData
    myServer.Domain.local
    Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.ConnectionFailureException - Unable to establish a connection.
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException - Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 10.213.0.235:5061

We need this to get dial-in conferencing working :-(

Thanks for Help
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:19 PM

Answers

• That is correct, CWA is not supported when collocated on the Front-End Server.  It should be installed on a separate server.  Because both services use the Default IIS Virtual Site the installation of CWA can break some of the Web Components features already on the Front-End Server.  Ideally 2 separate IP addresses should be used for the Web Components and CWA IIS sites, but again this is not a supported deployment.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, September 25, 2009 2:47 PM

All replies

• Have you run the validation wizards?
    - Belgian Exchange Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:22 PM
  • Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue at a customer of mine and cannot seem to resolve it. Thanks!

Mark
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:09 PM
  • Have they deployed CWA on the Front-End server?
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:37 PM
  • I suppose CWA should not have to be installed on Front End...
    Am I wrong?
    Technology Architect at EIDOS (www.eidos.biz) MCSE - MCSD - MCT - CCSA - CCSE - ITIL
    Friday, September 25, 2009 11:50 AM
  • That is correct, CWA is not supported when collocated on the Front-End Server.  It should be installed on a separate server.  Because both services use the Default IIS Virtual Site the installation of CWA can break some of the Web Components features already on the Front-End Server.  Ideally 2 separate IP addresses should be used for the Web Components and CWA IIS sites, but again this is not a supported deployment.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 2:47 PM