none
How to call windows exe file in ASP.NET Application which has been hosted in IIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to call windows exe file in ASP.NET Application which has been hosted in IIS.?

The exe does, fetching records from SAP and keep it in local folder.

I have been facing the below issues.

1) I am not able to call the exe file in ASP.NET file.
    2) I am not able to connect SAP through ASP.NET which is hosted in IIS.

Can any one give idea/suggestion, how to proceed above scenario...?
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:42 PM ASP.NET related
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 7:12 AM

Answers

• How to call windows exe file in ASP.NET Application which has been hosted in IIS.?

You can't, becuase they are in two different environments Web vs Windows desktop.

You could have a selfhosting WCF  service exe using TCP or Named Pipes used for inter-process communications on the same machine, and the ASP.NET application can be a WCF client communicating with the WCF service  with the service doing something on the behalf of the ASP.NET program.

• Marked as answer by Gani tpt Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:11 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:48 PM

All replies

• How to call windows exe file in ASP.NET Application which has been hosted in IIS.?

You can't, becuase they are in two different environments Web vs Windows desktop.

You could have a selfhosting WCF  service exe using TCP or Named Pipes used for inter-process communications on the same machine, and the ASP.NET application can be a WCF client communicating with the WCF service  with the service doing something on the behalf of the ASP.NET program.

• Marked as answer by Gani tpt Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:11 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:48 PM
  • Please post questions related to web development in the ASP.NET forums.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:42 PM