Microsoft Money Sunset/Wndows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently posted a question "Microsoft Money - transferring to a new computer": I run Microsoft Money 2005 and my previous computer was running Windows Vista (32-bit) but my new computer is running Windows 10. I was advised to download/install Microsoft Money Sunset version. I have looked up some information about Microsoft Money Sunset and it doesn't mention my version of Money (2005) and it seems that the versions that Sunset relates to are the US versions, not the UK one(s).

Has anyone running Money 2005 in the UK version got any experience of running it on Windows 10? If so, did you have any initial problems and how did you overcome them?

Has anyone running Money 2005 in the UK version got any experience of using Money Sunset?

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:05 PM

Answers

• Look at the two sticky posts at the top of this forum
    • Marked as answer by MarilynS_19 Monday, January 18, 2016 8:27 PM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:16 PM
  • I run Money2005 in the UK on Windows 10 without difficulty. I'm sure Money Sunset has a different file structure and of course thinks in dollars so I would stick with 2005.

Dr AS

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:16 PM
  • Money 2005 UK works normally on Windows 10.

You need the updated installer from the second post in this forum. Your installation disk will not install a version that can read your data file.

Just copy your data file and open it. Be sure you know your access credentials. The data file should be in your Documents area.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:49 PM

All replies

• Look at the two sticky posts at the top of this forum
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:16 PM
  • I run Money2005 in the UK on Windows 10 without difficulty. I'm sure Money Sunset has a different file structure and of course thinks in dollars so I would stick with 2005.

Dr AS

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:16 PM
  • Money 2005 UK works normally on Windows 10.

You need the updated installer from the second post in this forum. Your installation disk will not install a version that can read your data file.

Just copy your data file and open it. Be sure you know your access credentials. The data file should be in your Documents area.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:49 PM
  • Sorry for the delay in replying - for some reason I didn't receive any notifications that replies had been posted.

In addition to the sticky threads mentioned in the replies, I would also refer any person using a UK version, who is having difficulties in trying to install a backup, to this website: http://money.mvps.org which I discovered by chance - thank you Google! - and which not only solved my problem but also explained why the problem occurred in the first place. It also explained the problem of using a 'large' (i.e. more than 2GB) USB memory stick to save a backup (http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/472.aspx).

Monday, January 18, 2016 8:39 PM