How to play images from different screens using PlayTo? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our requirement states that, once the PlayTo device is enabled in one screen of the application (WPF), the connection should remain active throughout the application even if the user navigates to a different screen within the application until/unless the user disconnects the PlayTo device from the devices charm.

• In other words, say if the user is in screen 1 with a list of images and he connects to a PlayTo device, the first image displayed on the screen will be displayed in the PlayTo device. Now if the user navigates to Screen2 (which displays another set of images) without disconnecting the PlayTo device, the first image in Screen2 should be AUTOMATICALLY displayed in the playTo device.
    • Is this feasible?
    • I tried to implement this, but the user has to manually select the PlayTo device in each screen.

Regards,

Soorya

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• By mentioning a "PlayTo device", do you mean a device that exposes the DLNA protocol?

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:03 PM
  • Yes Sheng. I hooked up my media player as the DLNA device in my network and using it as the DLNA device for PlayTo feature
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Try the windows media foundation forum at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/mediafoundationdevelopment/threads

I Believe the play to feature only work on Windows 7 or higher. You need to look elsewhere if you want to target earlier version of Windows.

Visual C++ MVP

Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:47 PM
  • My target is Win8.

I will try the windows media foundation forum for this. Thank you.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:43 PM