problem with Internet explorer? RRS feed

• Question

• when on IE i can go to some websites and not others. when i cant go to a web site i click on diagnose connection problems.......

i get windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP. this probably caused by a firewall setting on this computer. check firewall settings for the HTTP port(80), HTTPS port (443) and FTP port (21).  you might need to contact your internet service provider(ISP) or the manufacturer of your firewall software.

im running XP on my pc and running the installed firewall that comes with pc.

im also running Mozilla Firefox and every thing works fine. i can go to any website even the sites my IE will not let me go to.

im running PC TOOL spyware doctor with anti-virus protection ive up dated it and ran nothing is found. i also have spybot search and destroy updated and ran and it finds nothing.

please help thank you

curt

Monday, April 4, 2011 9:51 PM

Answers

• This forum is for issues relating to the Windows 7 Software Protection Platform - Non-Genuine, validation problems, or software licensing services messages.  The forum for Internet Explorer is at

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, April 4, 2011 9:57 PM
    Answerer