could not log in August 3rd 2010 -- reinstall could not get updates. RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to log in to MS money 2007 on my computer last night and it crashed the program once i entered my password.  I tried the offline mode and that did not work. it said wrong password.

I have not made a backup in a few months.  I know i should have espically with it ending soon.

when i tried to import it to quicken it said that i had a bad password.  i tried my most commonly used passwords.  no go. 

so i uninstalled and reinstalled and it could not contact the servers to get the updates.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:39 PM

All replies

• I tried to log in to MS money 2007 on my computer last night and it crashed the program once i entered my password.  I tried the offline mode and that did not work. it said wrong password.

I have not made a backup in a few months.  I know i should have espically with it ending soon.

when i tried to import it to quicken it said that i had a bad password.  i tried my most commonly used passwords.  no go. 

so i uninstalled and reinstalled and it could not contact the servers to get the updates.

That is sad. The default Mmoney 2007  backup settings would have saved you. While you are considering your backup situation and plan, I would copy the *.mbf files you still have over to a USB flash drive. This is in case your hard drive has a problem. Also consider what other irreplacable files you would miss if your hard drive crashed.

You could try repairing your problem *.mny file. I would try making a repaired version of your file with
    File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

To restore a backup, do File->Restore of the backup file inside Money 2007.  Do not accept the default location to restore to.  Instead, Browse to your Documents" folder and specify a filename that does not yet exist there. That way your existing problem file will not be affected. If that does not work, use your second-newest backup file.

Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:16 PM