problem with my valid cd key in windows xp home edition RRS feed

• Question

• i bought a acer laptop in china but the windows was in chinese.I have a valid cd key for windows xp home edition at the  back of my computer but i cant use it.I got a english home edition cd and tried to change the serial number to mine but it gives error meeage that the cd key is mistyped ,what can i do to solve this problem i am liable of getting a genuine copy of home edition but i am not able to use it i tried to activate it but i even cant update as it says mistyped but i have the serail number with me which is yet to be resistered  in microsoft......please can any one help me  out of this?

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:57 PM

Answers

•  paras1 wrote:

i bought a acer laptop in china but the windows was in chinese.I have a valid cd key for windows xp home edition at the  back of my computer but i cant use it.I got a english home edition cd and tried to change the serial number to mine but it gives error meeage that the cd key is mistyped ,what can i do to solve this problem i am liable of getting a genuine copy of home edition but i am not able to use it i tried to activate it but i even cant update as it says mistyped but i have the serail number with me which is yet to be resistered  in microsoft......please can any one help me  out of this?

The Product Key affixed to your PC is only valid with Acer's Chinese version of Windows XP.  If you wish to install an English version of Windows XP, you'll need to purchase a "Full English Version" of Windows XP and use that CD and Product Key to perform a "clean install".

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:04 PM