none
No package created for ASP.Net website where it has .publishproj file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have a legacy code built on .net framework 4.0. A website was created then, now i have TFS 2018 and created a build definition to publish it on IIS, the Solution file exists in the root foler onlt. it has a .publishproj file. Now i am unable to get the artifacts in the destination folder. the MSBuild task that i selected is 2015. When i select visual studio msbuild as task it throws errors saying it does not have msbuild version and visual studio version. I dont know how to tackle the situation, should i create a web App solution where i will get .csproj as file and move the files to this solution and do the code changes accordingly or do we have a solution which could build my solution in CI build definition.

If i change the task to MSBuild and give the latest version of MSBuild it builds the solution but does not create any artifacts from the build in the destination folder. I am really confused, but need a solution ASAP. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is about the MSBuild(Discuss the Microsoft build engine aka MSBuild. Topics including: usage of MSBuild, build customization, and MSBuild extensibility via tasks, loggers and hosting.). 

As your issue is more related to the TFS build definitions and usage of msbuild in TFS, I suggest that you could open an new thread on DeveloperCommunity or stackoverflow with TFS tag. More community members on that forum may further look at your issue and provide more suggestions.

If you have some issues about msbuild tool or msbuild in VS, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. 

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:31 AM