none
Color Shift left to right

Question

• I am stitching images taken with a microscope in a controlled light setting. I find on some of the larger composites (>80images), I commonly have a color shift from yellow-green on the first images to reddish on the last images which is not present in the individual images. Overall the entire image is also lightened.

Because of my unique lighting situation, ideally I'd like to be able to stitch without any color correction from ICE. Is this possible? Are there any other suggestions that would help alleviate the color shift?

Thanks!

Thursday, March 08, 2018 8:23 PM

All replies

• It is a 7+ year old bug in ICE's vignette correction.  You can avoid it by applying your own vignette correction to the images before stitching.  
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:09 AM
  • I am having the same problem, is similar conditions.

You guys have the best sticking software (the stick really never fails) but you have a know bug 7 years old that you are not willing to correct?

The solution you propose does not help. I (and i suppose the colleague above either) do not have any visible vignetting in my original pictures.

If I would have any anyway, to manual correct for 80+ pictures is not a solution.

Would be great to have a very simple function to deactivate the automatic corrections. Do you thing this is something that is planned in the near future?

Any suggestion appreciated!

Friday, May 25, 2018 8:44 AM
  • This software was abandoned years ago, so no one is going to fix bugs and nothing more is planned. 

You can either work around the broken vignette correction by numerically removing vignette (so that the function is never activated, you must reduce it to zero, not merely too small to see) or else use some other photo stitching software.

Monday, May 28, 2018 12:04 AM