full retail copy of WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I have both WHS 1 and Vail running on my home network and think Vail leaves version one standing.  Problem I now have is my version of Vail has expired and keeps shutting itself down, Where can I purchase a full retail copy of WHS 2011, 
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:30 AM

Answers

• I have both WHS 1 and Vail running on my home network and think Vail leaves version one standing.  Problem I now have is my version of Vail has expired and keeps shutting itself down, Where can I purchase a full retail copy of WHS 2011, 
    It's not for sale yet.  It only hit RTM status a couple weeks ago.  My guess is it will be another 4-8 weeks until you'll be able to buy an OEM license (note that there will not be a "retail" version).  In the meantime, you can try getting the RC version from Connect (if it's still there) and use that until the product hits the streets.
    • Marked as answer by Alan.B66 Sunday, April 24, 2011 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:59 PM
  • In the meantime, you can try getting the RC version from Connect (if it's still there) and use that until the product hits the streets.

Nope, it's gone. We'll have to wait for the OEM...
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:22 PM

All replies

It's not for sale yet.  It only hit RTM status a couple weeks ago.  My guess is it will be another 4-8 weeks until you'll be able to buy an OEM license (note that there will not be a "retail" version).  In the meantime, you can try getting the RC version from Connect (if it's still there) and use that until the product hits the streets.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:59 PM
  • In the meantime, you can try getting the RC version from Connect (if it's still there) and use that until the product hits the streets.

Nope, it's gone. We'll have to wait for the OEM...
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:22 PM