none
Why is the overall level on MSDN forums so low? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just wondering why the level of knowledge on msnd forums is so incredibly low. I mostly browse through the Visual C# Forums, but some questions posted there are just mindblowing. Questions like how to split a string, questions where the answer is right there in a dialog in Visual Studio, they only had to click it. Or even just copying and pasting the exact error message in google would have been enough. Do people even know about the F1 button in Visual Studio? Are they just lazy? Can't be, since they take the effort to post the question here when F1 or google would have been faster to solver the issue. I even see people dumping a bunch of code without even asking a question (or the topic title is called "Why doesn't this work?"). I'm starting to get a little fed up with this. I love C#, .Net and Visual Studio, they're all great tools and I like to give something back to the community if I can but I prefer to help people with real programming issues instead of somebody who opened VS for the first time, dragged some textboxes and a button on a form and comes here asksing "Why doesn't it work?". Perhaps the forums should be separated in a "beginner" and "advanced" section? What do you guys think?

Saturday, September 4, 2010 12:05 AM

All replies