Unable to perform back-up after replace a secondary drive from my PC RRS feed

• Question

• My PC has two hard drives: (Drive C) contains Windows 7 Pro 32, and (Drive D) contains my data which is removable.  WHS connector has been installed and is working fine until I had to replace my secondary drive (Drive D).  WHS Connector complaints that I have a new hard drive and ask me to go to "Configure Backup" to add the new drive to the back up (so far it makes senses); however, when tried to re-configure the backup of my PC via WHS console, the Backup Configuration Wizard launches and fails when tried to collect the information from my PC (although I can see activity on Drive D while the Backup Configuration Wizard is collecting the data) - It tells me that either my PC is not online (which it is and connecting to the WHS) or it cannot access my hard drive (did not tell me which one) and aborted.

When tried to removed my PC from the list, it fails and tells me that I need to uninstall the WHS connector from my PC.

So I am in the loop...my only action left is to uninstall WHS connector and reinstall it but I want to find out there is an easier way.  I cannot believe that the software is smart enough to tell me that my hardware configuration has changed and tell me what to do but it does not work when I try it.

Please help...
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:15 PM

Answers

• The simplest approach is to reinstall the Connector. It is a fairly painless process and does not remove your backups
    If you really want to debug this, you'll need to get on Microsoft Connect and remove this as a bug
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:09 PM