Recorded TV And Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Just upgraded my XP MCE to Vista Home Premium, added it to the WHS great no probs as such, although I am still having a few problems with the user accounts not being recognized...

The problem I have is that to save room on the MCE HDs if there is something I want to keep I put it onto my network store (Now WHS) but due to the was that Vista works I can't add the Recorded TV folder on WHS to my watch list in MCE even if I map the folder as a network drive, so I guess there are 2 problems.

1, vista should be able to view network drives for recorded TV

2, there should be a way in WHS to maybe auto map folders that you require, maybe this should be on the setup it would say these are the shared folders which ones would you like to see as local drives and also under the console add this as an option.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:54 AM

All replies

• There is a way to allow for this. Please see Venturer posting at this link http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/166098.aspx.  The Venturer posting is the tenth at this link.  This allows me to directly record and playback to my WHS from my Vista media center PC through a share I created called \RecordedTV.  Initially I thought it was through ANOYMOUS LOGON but I was wrong.

Also Vista works better with a clean install.  It actually enhanced the performance on each PC I did a clean install.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for this I have already looked at a few ways of doing this, I just thought it would be a nice thing for WHS to allow you to map a shared folder on the connection wizard. This was just one aplication that I thought people would have used and found useful.

And I did do a fresh install bought a couple of new SATA drives and some additional RAM for the PC as well just for good measures too.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:21 AM