Accordion Control Not Displayed For 1st Time Inside CRM iFRAMe using Custom Page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have developed an Custom ASX Page , in that i have used AJAX TOOLKIT Control (Accordion). I deployed this page inside the MS CRM 2011 Version. In my Accordion i added three Accordion pane in that GridView, DropDownList and Tree Controls are used. I assigned correct datasource to these controls and databinded perfectly. When im running this page outside MS CRM, during the intial rendering (Page Loaded for 1st Time) and also during postback it get displayed perfectly. But When im accessing same page inside the MS CRM 2011, during 1st Time Load, Accordion Control is not visible i checked the HTML Source, i can see the data binded correctly to these controls. When i refresh this page within the CRM, Accordion is visible back with all the data which has been binded. I have deployed my Custom Application inside ISV Folder of MS CRM 2011. I tried other AJAX TOOLKIT Control, those controls are working perfectly. But Only this accordion control is not working as expected. Only issue is when the ASPX Page is loaded for the 1st time Accordion Control is not visible even when the data's are binded correctly.
    As i need to finish this task within 3 days. Please help me out to find the workaround or root cause for this.
    .NET Framework Used for Developing my Custom Pages (ASPX) - 4.0
    AJAX TOOL KIT DLL Version - 4.1.50731
    Thanks

Monday, August 29, 2011 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try the following:

1. Try debug your code using VS Debugger if why the custom page accordion control is not visible in first load

2. Access directly from Intern Explorer and remove the organization name

3. Try hosting your web pages in a seprate IIS website (in CRM 2011 the support for the Aspx pages in ISV folder deprecated))

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Monday, August 29, 2011 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

I tried debugging, as i said above. Data's are binded properly. But it is no visible when it is rendered inside MS CRM. I tried same accessing the direct url from the ISV, its running perfectly.I run the Custom Page by taking the URL Property from Inside the MS CRM iFrame. When i accessed directly without Organization name it is working perfectly. Only problem is, it is not shown when it is loaded inside MS CRM Page and that too for 1st Time. In my Custom Page, i have an button when i click it, page gets postbacked and that time Accordion is shown. So what could be the cause for this. I feel MS CRM is doing something which makes the Control Invisible. So please help me with the root cause for this so that i can find an alternative to make it run properly.

Monday, August 29, 2011 9:39 AM
  • Hi,

As the support for Asp.net webpages in ISV folder is deprectaed in CRM 2011, it is recomended to now host ASP.Net webpages as a seperate IIS web site, the CRM url included with the organization name is not a valid physcial address that is why you ar eunable to access your webpage correctly via the CRM Url with the organization name.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:07 PM