Multiple Keys RRS feed

• Question

• I manage a small office of 20 pc's. I bought 7 copies of one care, and would like to manage them using one "live email address". I had to do a re-install of one care today because the firewall dies, and when I try to activate it, it tells me I am full, eg. have used all my pc's. I have more key's, but can't get them on the account. I would like to avoid multiple email address' for each group of 3.

Advice is appreciated.

Jerry

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Jerry,

Only one Windows Live ID email address can be used per 3 PCs.  You will need to set up multiple Windows IDs for your remaining PCs in series of 3.  However, you can visit the Windows Live Account Manager page at http://account.live.com under "Settings" and link all of your alternative email addresses to one primary "live email address" . This way you only have to sign in one time and then toggle between other accounts. 

-Jennifer

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Jerry,

Only one Windows Live ID email address can be used per 3 PCs.  You will need to set up multiple Windows IDs for your remaining PCs in series of 3.  However, you can visit the Windows Live Account Manager page at http://account.live.com under "Settings" and link all of your alternative email addresses to one primary "live email address" . This way you only have to sign in one time and then toggle between other accounts. 

-Jennifer

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:22 PM
  • I'll add that the desire for more than 3 PCs for a single LiveID, meaning multiple subscriptions on a LiveID/Billing account is a much requested feature. I remain hopeful that this is forthcoming, but for now you need to comply with the current limitation and activate up to 3 PCs on a single LiveID - in your case, 7 of them, unfortunately.

-steve

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:12 AM
  • I, too, bought another subscription to cover a 4th machine. I installed OneCare, and was not told to enter a new key (or use another ID for that matter). I just want to switch the 4th computer to the new key/ID. Do I have to UNinstall OneCare and reinstall to do this?

thanks

Monday, March 31, 2008 6:06 PM
  •  jakekene wrote:

I, too, bought another subscription to cover a 4th machine. I installed OneCare, and was not told to enter a new key (or use another ID for that matter). I just want to switch the 4th computer to the new key/ID. Do I have to UNinstall OneCare and reinstall to do this?

thanks

Yes, that's the procedure to follow. When you activate the re-install on PC #4, use a different LiveID and then the new retail key.

-steve

Monday, March 31, 2008 7:04 PM