WHS only backs up one of my three computers and will not allow manual backups RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 computer clients running off my new Intel Atom 330 WHS.  Under the WHS console "Computers and Backup" WHS shows all three computers:

Danny
    Shaun
    Vampov

Shaun is the only one that is colored.  The rest are an off color gray tone and they do not back up.  The "Backup Now" and "Configure Backup" buttons on the console are gray and do not allow me to click on them to do a manual backup

Danny is a brand new Vista 64 box and mine is a XP 32 box and both have all the current updates.  My computer Vampov is hardwired to the router and the rest are WIFI.

Do I need to reinstall WHS or the client software?  I've read the help files to no avail.
    Monday, September 21, 2009 2:48 PM

Answers

• Can you right click them in the console and enable them?
    Other than that, try to run discovery.exe on each affected client (C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, September 21, 2009 2:51 PM

All replies

• Can you right click them in the console and enable them?
    Other than that, try to run discovery.exe on each affected client (C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, September 21, 2009 2:51 PM
  • No I couldn't enable them with the right click the backup now was gray.

The discovery.exe fixed the problem.  You think it would have configured it properly when I installed the client software.  Either way thank you so much.  Microsoft should pay you because your way smarter than their customer service reps (if your lucky enough to get one to respond to you)

Haben Sie vielen Dank!
    Terrell
    Monday, September 21, 2009 5:06 PM