Image Composite Editor structured filename sort order is nonsensical RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I love this tool, but am running into a weird and time-consuming problem with the structured composite tool: the filename sort order thinks that 1, 10, 100, is preferable to 1, 2, 3. Luckily we agree on the order of the alphabet, but this forces me to manually re-label my files 1a, 1b, 1c, etc. in order to get them to load in the correct sequence. Sorting by acquisition time is not an option since these are electron images exported from a scanning electron microscope, and that kind of data does not survive the export. They do come automatically labelled 'electron image 1', 'electron image 2', etc., which is why I'd like to figure out how to get ICE to get on board with the idea that ten does not immediately follow one.

There is one unanswered post just like this from August 16, 2016, and I've followed all of the advice on similar posts about sort order that use selection order in windows explorer to try and solve it. These solutions do not work here.

Thank you all for your time!

Saturday, November 14, 2020 4:28 PM

Answers

• The MSDN forum closed a few months ago. You might try asking here.

https://www.facebook.com/microsoftresearch/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Monday, November 16, 2020 7:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Guido Franzke Monday, November 23, 2020 7:14 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2020 4:51 PM