Vb.net Error : Out of memory RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys , iam loading images in pictureboxes in vb.net i tried using filestream method , image.fromfile method , bitmap method . all methods are giving me out of memory error after a certain number of images are loaded . what is the problem ? how can i  increase the memory allocated for this program ? is there a way for adding a lots of images without getting this error . i cant dispose all images because i need them to stay visible in the form . please reply 
    • Moved by Just Karl Friday, February 5, 2016 10:40 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Friday, February 5, 2016 9:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, February 5, 2016 10:39 PM
  • Hello,

You might ask in the Visual Basic .Net Language forum on MSDN.

Otherwise, depending on what form technology you are using, you can try posting to one of the following forums:

Windows Forms General
    Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
    ASP.Net forums

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, February 5, 2016 10:40 PM