Make Email Activity View as default view of Activity ms crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement where I need to make "Email Activity" view as a default view of an "Activity". I've tried it by creating a new view under "Activities" but I couldn't add the fields of an "Email" Activity in the view. Can anyone suggest any solution for it

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• To set a system view as default go to customizations > customize the system > entities > activities > views. Select the view and from the more actions button select the set as default. Then save and publish. You could change the columns by double clicking the view (opening) and adding desired columns to it.

To set a user defined view as default on the entity you want, go to the create new personal view and then from the ribbon select the saved views and then set a view as default. You could add or edit columns in this way also.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.
    My Weblog -- My Website -- My Facebook

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:19 AM
  • I know how to make a view as a default view. But I'm unable to make an Email activity view as a default view under "Activities". In Activities we cannot make a default view only for one Activity Type either it might be an "Email or Phone call etc". So, I want to aquire that functionality..
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:49 AM
  • I dont want the filter type. I want to make an "Email" activity view as a default view under "Activities"
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:51 AM
  • You could not set a view of an entity as a default view for another entity!! Create new system view under the activities and restrict the activity type to emails.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.
    My Weblog -- My Website -- My Facebook

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:31 AM