Tablet PC inkedit control in VISTA RRS feed

• Question

• I have a inkedit control developed for Tablet PC. The base assembly referenced for inkedit is Tablet PC library binaries,Microsoft.ink.dll and version is 1.7.2600.5512.

The inkedit control which is embedded as text input field in JSP pages works fine when deployed as plugin in Firefox 3.0.11 in Windows XP version.

But when the same control is deployed in VISTA it response to ink recoginition and rendering is slow. The same application works on Tablet PC with Windows XP.

The inkedit control is compiled and deployed with Microsoft.ink.dll and version is 1.7.2600.5512 on XP and Vista Business.

I tried to compile and deploy the same with reference lib Microsoft.ink.dll and version is 6.0.0.0 and file version 6.0.6002.18005, which is Vista compatible library for tablet PC. I am able to see the inkedit control work but it is very slow. Ink renders slowly on table PC with VISTA rendering letter by letter and taking minutes for a word like 'internationalization'.

Please let me know the steps to mak the control compatible for both Vista and XP.

Please see the link, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms699559(VS.85).aspx

Thanks,
    Srihari Rao B.

• Moved by Harry Zhu Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:51 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Monday, August 10, 2009 4:19 PM

Answers

All replies