Email router stopped working - asking for certificate now? RRS feed

• Question

• So, after getting our email router up and running, it's been running great for about 2 weeks now. Today I notice it's no longer working. I check the Exchange log and find this:

Microsoft Exchange couldn't find a certificate that contains the domain name *****-mx1.*****.com in the personal store on the local computer. Therefore, it is unable to support the STARTTLS SMTP verb for the connector *****-CRM with a FQDN parameter of mdnrk-mx1.mdllc.com. If the connector's FQDN is not specified, the computer's FQDN is used. Verify the connector configuration and the installed certificates to make sure that there is a certificate with a domain name for that FQDN. If this certificate exists, run Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Services SMTP to make sure that the Microsoft Exchange Transport service has access to the certificate key.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I don't get this. I didn't need a certificate in the beginning. And it was working for 2 weeks. ????

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:30 PM

Answers

All replies