CRM 2011 Client accessing CRM 2011 Server with UR 14 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Recently we installed Update Rollup 14 server component to one of our CRM server(CRM2011-Server-KB2849744-ENU-amd64.exe).

But my Client is still having Update Rollup 11 and i do not want to update the client to UR 14 because when i tried to install the client it is actually slowing down the Outlook in all our client machine.

My question here is, can i access the CRM 2011 server with update rollup 14 from  a CRM 2011 client with the older Client rollup i.e. (UR 11)?

Can anybody help me in this regard?

Friday, December 13, 2013 6:27 AM

All replies

• Microsoft suggested the client version is same or higher than the server version, so I think you may need to upgrade your client to Rollup 14 too.

Regarding your performance issue, I think you can try to fully uninstall the old client installation and install client with rollup 6 first, then directly install rollup 14.

==How to fully uninstall CRM Outlook client==
    - Removed CRM form the Program and Features.
    - Delete Microsoft Dynamics CRM folder from C:\program files.
    - Deleted MSCRM folder from C:\Users\Your username\AppData\local\Microsoft\MSCRM
    - Performed similar step for C:\Users\Your username\AppData\local\Microsoft\MSCRM and deleted MSCRM folder if it exist.
    - Go to Run, type in regedit and press enter.
    - Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER>>Software>>Microsoft>>MSCRM. Delete all MSCRM related folder.
    - Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>>Software>>Microsoft>>MSCRM. Delete all MSCRM related folder.
    - Click on HKEY_USER>>Software>>Microsoft>>MSCRM. Delete all MSCRM related folder

Wilson

Friday, December 13, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Thank you Wilson,

Are you sure that the CRM Client should be the same/higher version of that the server version?

Can i get some links so that i can verify and tell our team that this is no way possible and we have to install the client version on all the client machine?

Thanks,

Krish

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:55 AM
  • Hi Krish,

Microsoft release every version with a client exe and a server exe. Normally we suggest customer to have same version between the client version and server version. If the versions are mismatch, there maybe some unknown issue that we can't tell. But to tell the truth,I haven't found the document tell about that.

Wilson

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:56 AM