Exporting Default Solution without including Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Our Dynamics CRM 2011 on premises has a Default Solution which I wish to export in its entirety but without including any reports we have created.

I guess the quickest way to do this is to export the entire Default Solution and then edit various files and folders to completely remove any reference to Reports. Can somebody advise me on what files I need to edit and whether I should delete all files in the Reports folder too.

Maz

• Edited by MazP Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:19 PM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:16 PM

Answers

• You CAN export the default solution, but'll include everything.  JBlaeske hit the nail on the head, create a new solution.  Go through each item and add everything expect reports.  Be careful when you do this though, by default the add dialog will only show items that are marked as customizable. 
    • Marked as answer by MazP Friday, January 23, 2015 1:10 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:11 PM
  • Hi Maz,

You can export your default solution and import it in a dummy organistion. Then remove all the reports from that organisation and export the default solution of this organisation. Import this solution to your final organisation.

Regards, Saad

Friday, January 23, 2015 4:13 AM

All replies

• You can't export the default solution.  You can create a new solution, then add in everything (except for the reports).  That should get you what it sounds like you want.  Then export that.
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:49 PM
  • You CAN export the default solution, but'll include everything.  JBlaeske hit the nail on the head, create a new solution.  Go through each item and add everything expect reports.  Be careful when you do this though, by default the add dialog will only show items that are marked as customizable. 
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:11 PM
  • Hi Maz,

You can export your default solution and import it in a dummy organistion. Then remove all the reports from that organisation and export the default solution of this organisation. Import this solution to your final organisation.

Regards, Saad

Friday, January 23, 2015 4:13 AM
  • Thanks for all replies. I did eventually export the whole default solution and manually edit solutions and customisations xml files and delete any reports in the Folders folder. Import of this zip solution then worked in my DEV environment.

Maz

Friday, January 23, 2015 1:15 PM