product code for MS works VS Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I own MS works suite 2003 and in it is MS Word 2002.  I bought a computer with Vista home on it (32bit) and as you know it  had trial software on it which expired.  I tried to install my Word 2002 on it but is tells me that the product code is wrong.   I am not a techniciion.  I am a 77 year old grandmother who teaches basic computer at the senior center.  Is there some way that I can install my Word 2002 without going into the mysterious underworld of MS.  Thank you for reading this and any help you can give me

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hello readreddog,

You may be more confortable calling a Office Support Engineer who can help you thru the process. You can call Office Support at http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=2488 Install issues are usually supported at no cost.

I hope this helped,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 8:41 PM

All replies

• Do you have the 25-character product key for Microsoft Works?  Are you sure you are typing in the product key correctly?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:32 PM
  • Hello readreddog,

You may be more confortable calling a Office Support Engineer who can help you thru the process. You can call Office Support at http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=2488 Install issues are usually supported at no cost.

I hope this helped,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 8:41 PM
  •  

Thank you for your response.  Yes, it was really the product key I was talking about and I did enter it several times without success.
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:13 PM
  •  

I have solved the problem and it was lack of observation.  There were two product keys on the box. One was for Works Suite and the other for Word.   I was installing Word and when I used that product key, it worked.  Thank all of you for your support.

Terry (readreddog)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:49 PM
  • Hi Terry,

That is Excellent! I am very glad it turned out not to be a major issue  

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:38 PM