Windows Vista WLOC 2.0 Start up RRS feed

• Question

• Is a computer at risk at start up?

all my other apps start up and WLOC 2.0 monitoring & services doesn't start for quite some time and some times The Security Center says there's WLOC isn't running and red flag icon pops up till a minute or so WLOC 2.0 fires up.

Also I notice the taskbar Icon doesn't always show right away. in Windows Vista Ultimate.  

Saturday, July 14, 2007 1:54 AM

Answers

• This has been an issue with the Security Center in Windows since day one of OneCare. The issue is startup order. OneCare's services start up with the network and protection is enabled. However, the Windows Security Center sometimes starts before the OneCare icon appears, which also means that the part of OneCare that tells the Security Center that protection is enabled has not happened yet, hence the warning from Security Center. You are protected.

You can disable the Security Center warnings by opening Security Center and "change the way Security Center notifies me..." for antivirus and firewall.

-steve

Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:24 AM

All replies

• I noticed that, too
    Saturday, July 14, 2007 3:00 AM
  • Open services and check that Security Center is set to startup type "Automatic(Delayed Start)".
    Saturday, July 14, 2007 3:48 AM
  •  JimR1 wrote:
    Open services and check that Security Center is set to startup type "Automatic(Delayed Start)".

Mine says automatic but starts up slow  

Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:08 PM
  • This has been an issue with the Security Center in Windows since day one of OneCare. The issue is startup order. OneCare's services start up with the network and protection is enabled. However, the Windows Security Center sometimes starts before the OneCare icon appears, which also means that the part of OneCare that tells the Security Center that protection is enabled has not happened yet, hence the warning from Security Center. You are protected.

You can disable the Security Center warnings by opening Security Center and "change the way Security Center notifies me..." for antivirus and firewall.

-steve

Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:24 AM