HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm trying to allow my daughters ZIPIT on my One Care.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:33 PM

Answers

• From the Zipit FAQs:

Sometimes, a person may choose to add a password to their router so that only devices (like the Z2) that know the password can access the router. The two most widely used types of encryptions are WPA and WEP, WPA stands for Wi-Fi Protected Access and WEP stands for Wired Equivalent Privacy. The Z2 supports both WEP and WPA passwords. If your network is encrypted, you will be prompted during the network connection process to enter the WPA or WEP Key. The Z2 will remember which network you connected to last and what your password was so you will only have to enter this one time.

For WEP encryption, the Z2 currently only supports HEX keys for the WEP password. HEX codes use only the characters 0-9 and A-F and are between 10 and 26 characters long. It is common for people to use their 10 digit telephone number as the WEP password since it’s all numeric and easy to remember. If you do not know what your WEP key is, you can look at the administration page of your router to find out. To access the administration page on your router you will need to open up your web browser on your PC and connect to the IP address listed in your routers documentation. For example, most Linksys routers have a default IP address of 192.168.1.1. To connect to the Linksys you would type in http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar on your web browser.

If you used One Care to configure your wireless security you can find your network key by opening One Care>Change Settings>Firewall>Advanced Settings>Network Connections>Details.
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:41 AM