Any website to test my browser? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone:

I want to make a browser which could auto gather data / send control.
    I use Vistal Basic 2005 and WebBrowser component.
    This is completed.

But problem is, some web game have detecter ability.
    I need to know, what information was send from my browser. ex.IP Address / browser type / add-on ... etc.

Does anyone know, any website could let me test my browser? Tell me what information it get.

Thanks.
    Thanks for any information. Streit Huang @ Taiwan
    • Moved by Yichun Feng Monday, April 27, 2009 9:03 AM .. (From:Visual Basic General)
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Just so you are aware, the WebBrowser control is simply a wrapper for Internet Explorer, and will be viewed by web servers as such.

Wayne
    Regards, Wayne Taylor
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:56 AM
  • You can use http://mybrowserinfo.com/ to get your information about your browser.

You can also use Fiddler utility.
    Gaurav Khanna
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:21 AM
  • Thanks.

But I want to know 'Detail'.
    For example, could server know my computer name? user name? by Ajax or java script? or flash?

This is what I concern.

If they can get those critical info, I need to make some -fake- info on this browser to send.
    Thanks for any information. Streit Huang @ Taiwan
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:57 AM
  • Hi Streit Huang,

You issue concerns more about security and hacker technology. I'm afaid it is hard to reach an exact answer now and also in future.
    There are various way to get infomation form certain software product.
    This forum is mainly for programming problem. I'll move it to where is the forum for...?
    If you post in some security or hacker related forums, you may get better answer.

Best Regards

Yichun Feng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 9:01 AM