how many files are you successfully syncing? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am trying to figure out how many files people have managed to sync and how long it takes to figure out optimal setups.

Here is what I have
    • 1 folder with my phone videos, 5 files, 6 mb; works great and within 1 min
    • 1 folder with pictures from phone, 44 files, 9.6mbs; works great and within 1 min
    • I have a folder with passcards, it contains 20 subfolers, a total of 194 files and is under 1 mb and takes a few min to sync just a few of the files at a time. On over 12 syncs and I am not done yet.
    I use to have
    • a folder of 700some mbs with a total of almost 12000 files in over 1,100 subfolders and many files over 10 mbs and exe's... never worked
    • a folder of 460some mbs with 1600 doc, excel and pdf files in 254 subfolders; only a handfull of files over 10 mbs. never worked.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 2:39 AM

All replies

• In the "use to have" list, is this with your phone or between computers and/or the Live Desktop?
    What does "never worked" actually mean for your two examples?

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 9, 2009 5:09 PM
  • use to have are folders I tried to use and stopped trying to use.

never worked means that the syncing process would not work with these folders (hence why they are in the "use to have" section)

its more for a discussion purpose and comparing between people who use it as I already logged tickets for the issues I encountered.
    Monday, March 9, 2009 11:39 PM
  • I understood that you tried synchronizing these folders, but gave up, but what you haven't told me is what devices were the folders/files on and what devices were you trying to synchronize with.
    You've posted in the mobile forum, yet the size and quantity of the files would seem to indicate that the folder and files were/are on a computer and not being synchronized with a phone/mobile device, but with the Live Desktop and one or more computers in your Mesh.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:23 PM