Live Meeting Web Access, where to find it? RRS feed

• Question

• So far we only have experience with the Live Meeting client version and the OCS public beta version. There also seems to be a Live Meeting web access version. Where can I find this one? Is it part of the webconferencing server in RTM version? Or should it be installed seperately like Communicator Web Access.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 6:42 PM

Answers

• Thomas,

As the title indicates, that documentation is for the Live Meeting Service, which is the hosted version provided by Microsoft.  This is separate from the web conferencing component of OCS 2007, though the same Live Meeting 2007 client is used for both the hosted service and OCS web conferencing.

Sunday, September 9, 2007 1:18 AM

All replies

• Are you referring to the web scheduling interface?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=96B42DC8-E769-4EFD-B7A6-ECA03058F8AD&displaylang=en

The OCS version of Live Meeting (as opposed to the hosted version) does not offer a web client.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 2:07 AM
  •  

Nope, I have the web schedular. But I was reading about the existance of a thin client version of Live Meeting. I was curious if this would be available for OCS 2007 as well but on one of the blog sites I found the following:

"The Java (light or web) client will not work with Office Communications Server 2007 meetings. "

http://blogs.technet.com/uc/archive/2007/06/05/office-live-meeting-preview.aspx

I think they are refering to previous releases of the LM web client here.

Is Microsoft planning to develop a LM web client for OCS 2007? 

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 4:21 AM
  • Not in this version.  Not sure about Wave 14.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 2:24 PM
  • In de LM administrator documentation I can see the following:

·         Web-based Office Live Meeting client.  The Web-based meeting client is an alternative for users of the Office Live Meeting service who cannot install or run the Windows-based meeting client, usually because their computer runs an operating system that is not compatible with the Windows-based meeting client, such as Microsoft® Windows® 98, Sun® Solaris™, or Apple® Macintosh®. The Web-based meeting client is a Java-based program that runs on any of the Java virtual machines specified in the system requirements section later in this guide. The Web-based meeting client does not require installation of any files; it runs as a Java applet in the user’s Web browser. However, hosting application sharing using the Web-based meeting client does require installation of application sharing files.

So there should be a version.... but where to get it?

Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:50 PM
  •  

Can you send a link to the documentation?  I don't see this in any of the OCS docs.

It seems like you don't believe me.     However, the person who you quoted earlier indicating that the Java client doesn't work with OCS ("The Java (light or web) client will not work with Office Communications Server 2007 meetings.") is a Microsoft employee.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 9:05 PM
  •   I got this from the "Microsoft Office Live Meeting Service Administrator's Guide" (published June 2007), page 6.

This document part of the LiveMeetingDocumentation.msi

I am joining the live meeting beta program via Microsoft connect.

/Thomas

Friday, September 7, 2007 10:39 AM
  • Thomas,

As the title indicates, that documentation is for the Live Meeting Service, which is the hosted version provided by Microsoft.  This is separate from the web conferencing component of OCS 2007, though the same Live Meeting 2007 client is used for both the hosted service and OCS web conferencing.

Sunday, September 9, 2007 1:18 AM