Help computer stolen RRS feed

• Question

• I got my laptop stolen and I bought a new one. I loaded windows live one care on new computer and i can see that old computer was loggeg on in your one care circle. Is there a way to locate this computer by ip address or some how and give to police? Thanks in advance for help.
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• See this thread for help on how to proceed - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/b96d0af2-6146-4cb5-8723-ce4ddcadb722/
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Friday, April 24, 2009 5:06 AM
  •  

I'm sorry to read about the theft and hope that you are successful in getting the PC returned to you and the thief apprehended.

The local law enforcement agency with an active case can contact Microsoft and request this information officially. Law enforcement has a special number to call (I do not know this number) and they will need to take care of the legal paperwork to make the request. They will need to know your subscription information, PC name, and other information related to the account and that PC. I don't know if the information is available, but it is in theory.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 24, 2009 3:23 PM