none
Please add a "link" or "share" button to replies / answers for easier referencing and linking.

General discussion

• Currently, the only ways to link to a specific reply or answer are:

1. Hunt through the poster's activity page and look for the link to the post in question, or
    2. Inspect the post's HTML, extract the ID from the enclosing <li> tag, then manually construct the URL by adding it as an anchor to the top level URL.

Example: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fb9d481-741f-49ea-9059-ff1757ead511#b7e0c275-0645-4c3b-a314-480cb89ef04c was constructed using method 2. See that link for a discussion related to this topic.

These both stink. A forum, especially one as full of information and as frequently cited as this one, really ought to have an easier way to link to specific replies.

Please add a "link" or "share" button (or something similar) that generates a URL that links directly to the post. Perhaps it could go down next to the action links (reply, quote, etc) or over near the vote button.

If one exists, I apologize but I have not been able to find it (and at least one moderator - the one who replied in the example link I just posted - is also unaware of it). This forum has been around long enough that I'm a bit surprised it does not have this yet.

Thanks,

Jason

Sunday, March 1, 2015 1:07 AM