none
Removing / hiding a Tab from the Main Tabs on an Excel Ribbon Control. RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible, at run time, to remove / hide / disable a tab from the Main Tabs on an Excel Ribbon Control?

So far I have managed to hide the DisplayFormulaBar from an Excel window opened in a panel (this is set as the parent of the Excel application) within a Windows Form but I have not found a way to gain control of items within the Excel Ribbon Bar.

I can provide the skeleton code I have thus far, if needed.

HotIndigo.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:17 AM

All replies

• Is this question for VB.NET ? Seems if it is or not you should ask in the "Excel for developers forum" even though the forum is not VB.NET you will get better ideas/solutions. If you like I can move your question there or you can duplicate your post there.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:33 AM
  • I am writing code in VB.NET, however, if you feel that the "Excel for developers forum" may be useful, please feel free to post a copy on that forum as well.  Would it be OK to leave a copy on this forum, as well, just in case someone has had experience with this?  Many thanks.

HotIndigo

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 11:31 AM
  • I am writing code in VB.NET, however, if you feel that the "Excel for developers forum" may be useful, please feel free to post a copy on that forum as well.  Would it be OK to leave a copy on this forum, as well, just in case someone has had experience with this?  Many thanks.

HotIndigo

I can't copy, only move.

Here is the other forum

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=exceldev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 12:20 PM
  • Many thanks.  I will ask the same question there.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 4:41 PM