File Size 0 RRS feed

• Question

• Home Server Has been up and running since the beta program.I have a Large collection of videos that I have recorded off the cable box stored on Home Server. I noticed that one video which had a file size of 6gig is now listed as file size 0. Any ideas for recovery . Any  ideas about this happening to other files on the server. Thanks for any input.                                                                                                                
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 2:25 PM

Answers

• Billh said:

Home Server Has been up and running since the beta program.I have a Large collection of videos that I have recorded off the cable box stored on Home Server. I noticed that one video which had a file size of 6gig is now listed as file size 0. Any ideas for recovery . Any  ideas about this happening to other files on the server. Thanks for any input.                                                                                                                

Did the Date Modified on the file change?

As for recovery, if you have a backup of the file stored on an external drive, you can recover it from there.  If not, you can try using Previous Versions, but it doesn't always work on WHS.  Having said that, brubber found a way last summer to "re-link" the Shadow Copies when you get a "device not connected" error (and I have been using it ever since without any problems).  However, it's unsupported so use it at your own risk.  See How to regain access to previous version of files in WHS shares for more details.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:31 PM