Remote access problem RRS feed

• Question

• I set up a WHS at my office today, and it works great. I was able to use the web access without any problems. But the minute I came home and tried to access, I got the following message. "The server at ******.homeserver.com is taking too long to respond." So I went into my router and forwarded ports 443 and 4125, same problem. Any help is appreciated.
    Monday, August 31, 2009 11:47 PM

Answers

• Stupid me, I forgot to set a static IP on the server. So all the correct ports were being forwarded to an IP with no use for them. Thanks for the help.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:12 PM

All replies

• I set up a WHS at my office today, and it works great. I was able to use the web access without any problems. But the minute I came home and tried to access, I got the following message. "The server at ******.homeserver.com is taking too long to respond." So I went into my router and forwarded ports 443 and 4125, same problem. Any help is appreciated.

You also need to forward port 80 to your server.  Also, if your work is a corporate environment, they might have those ports blocked so no one can access them from the outside.
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:29 AM
  • Stupid me, I forgot to set a static IP on the server. So all the correct ports were being forwarded to an IP with no use for them. Thanks for the help.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:12 PM