Date and Time stamp on new Cases RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if it was possible to have the Issue Discription and Issue Resolution Fields Time stamped and Date Stamp (possible stamped with the user initials as well) when we are creating a new Case under the General Tab.  Right now it is just free form.  I like the fact that when we click on the "Click here to enter a new note" that it will stamp it but I dont have the availabilility in the two fields mentioned above.  Can I also have the "click here to enter a new note" in those free form fields so they get stamped.
    We are using CRM 4.0 update 4.

Thanks in advance
    Len
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Len,

Was your incident (case) object customized? Or are you referring to the "Resolution" and "Description" fields on the "Resolve Case" window? If you are referring to those fields, you will not be able to add any client side script that could add a time/date stamp e.g. to a hidden field, because the "Resolve Case" window is an aspx page. However, if I understand what you want to achieve, you could create a workflow that would assign the current date and time to your fields whenever a case is resolved.
    Please let us know whether I got your point.

Kind regards,
    Kuba Skalbania
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:20 PM