SIP Refer Method not allowed on Mediation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I've an Audiocodes 1000 gateway with PSTN slot and FXS analog phones.

I can be able to start and receive calls on FXS phones by OC client, but it isn't possible to perform the following call trasfer:

- A calls B
    - B puts on hold A
    - B calls C
    - B transfer the call from A to C

where A and B are FXS extensions and C is an OC client.

I get the ethereal trace, and I'm very surprised to see that on Mediation the SIP Refer Method is not allowed.

Am I having a configuration issue?
    If no, could anybody help me to find a workaround?
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 2:15 PM

All replies

• iwgroup, 

Please verify you have installed the July updates, they fixed some odd issues for me on forwarding (although not the same issue).  As far as transferring from the FXS devices to an OCS extension, we need to make sure the destination address we're forwarding to is appropriate.  Can you post a trace of a successful call from the FXS to and OCS extension, and then a trace of the transfer.  Also, depending on where you bought your audiocodes, the vendor is supposed to help support you on it, so it may be worthwhile to contact them directly as they may have seen a similar issue and know a fix.  If you can't post the trace feel free to email me kevin  (AT) ocsguy (dot) com, and attach those, I'd be happy to have a look. 

kp
    Kevin Peters MCSE/MCSA/MCTS/CCNA/Security+ blog: www.ocsguy.com
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Dear Kevin,
    If I understand well, OCS performs transfer procedures by 3PCC (and doesn't support REFER) protocol whereas Audiocodes Mediant uses REFER Method (and doesn't support 3PCC).

I hope I'm wrong...
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 5:26 PM
  • iwgroup,

If you can get me a trace of this, I can tell you for sure where the problem lies and help.  Do you know how to get traces from your audio codes?

-kp
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 6:43 PM
  • iwgroup,

Unfortunately we are running into an OCS limitation here, OCS doesn't currently support Refer which is what the gateway will use for this functionality.  I'd recommend making a feature/support request for this as it is a real world scenario you need addressed.  I'm sorry we couldn't get it working, but at least you know its not a config problem.

HTH

-kp
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:19 PM